We recently hosted a dog trainer panel discussion over in our free facebook group with several members of our Trainer’s Growth Group – Brianne Harris, Crystal Partain, Janet Parker and Liz MacHaffie!
We talked about how they got to where they are today and what’s working for them now in terms of marketing, hiring, and more.
- Can you each just share a little about yourself and your business – your location, what you teach/train, how long you’ve been in business, and maybe a little about the size of your business?
- What was your training experience or background before deciding to start your own training business?
- Why do you work for yourself, instead of for someone else?
- What’s working for you in terms of marketing right now? Where do most of your clients come from, and what does the process of finding new clients look like for you?
- How do you try to avoid the typical ups and downs of working for yourself? Is there anything you’ve done that you’ve found particularly successful?
- Was there a turning point for you in your business, where you knew that being a business owner would be your career from here on out?
- Alright to round things out – if you were to make a final point or kind of leave us with a final thought that sums up what we’ve been talking about into a piece of advice for other trainers who are working toward a business like yours, what would you say?
Attendees and readers are also invited to join us for our annual in person event, coming up January 13th-16th, Trainer’s Business Growth Weekend. The weekend is a chance for you to sit down with our team and a small group of other professional trainers to really think about your business and figure out what pieces you need in place to make 2023 your best year yet. Every year our attendees walk away saying it was the best investment they could have made in their business… The weekend is absolute magic. We talk marketing, we talk pricing, we talk sales, and we help you figure out what’s holding you back and then help you overcome it so you can continue to grow in the year ahead.
And we’d love to have you join us! Check out the website for more on the schedule for this year!